Cleveland Cavaliers at Memphis Grizzlies - February 1, 2024
- Matchup: Cleveland Cavaliers at Memphis Grizzlies
- Venue: FedExForum, Memphis, Tennessee
- Time: 8:00 PM ET
- Broadcast: Bally Sports SE-Mem and Bally Sports Ohio
- Streaming: NBA League Pass, Fubo Sports US
- Upcoming NBA on TV and stream
The Cleveland Cavaliers are set to visit the Memphis Grizzlies in what promises to be an exciting clash between two teams aiming to solidify their standings in their respective conferences. The Cavaliers, riding a three-game winning streak, are looking stronger with the return of key players Evan Mobley and Darius Garland from injuries. Their current form sees them with an impressive 11-1 record in their last 12 games, making them favorites as they face a Grizzlies team battling significant injury woes.
The Grizzlies, despite being undermanned with several key players out, including Ja Morant, have managed to stay competitive. They're coming off back-to-back close games against the Indiana Pacers and Sacramento Kings, demonstrating their resilience. Memphis will aim to make this a tough, grind-out game against the Cavaliers, leveraging their defensive capabilities led by Jaren Jackson Jr., who has been a linchpin in keeping the team competitive on the defensive end.
- Cavaliers: Evan Mobley and Darius Garland are back in the lineup but may be monitored closely due to recent returns from injury.
- Grizzlies: The injury list is extensive, with Ja Morant, Desmond Bane, Marcus Smart, and several others out. Luke Kennard and Derrick Rose are doubtful, while John Konchar is questionable.
Despite the back-to-back schedule for the Cavaliers, they are expected to maintain their winning momentum against a Memphis team struggling at home and with an injury-depleted roster. The Cavaliers' defense, ranked 2nd in defensive rating, is set to challenge the Grizzlies' offense, which ranks 30th in the league. The game is expected to be low-scoring, given both teams' defensive prowess.
Cavaliers are favored to win and cover the spread, with the total likely going under due to both teams' strong defensive play and the Grizzlies' offensive struggles.
Author: Dan Anderson