2022 Major League Baseball | Season Preview, TV & Streaming Info
After a long winter break and an unexpected lockout, we can finally say that it’s time for the 2022 MLB season. The regular season is expected to kick off on April 7th and the teams are currently in full swing preparing for the upcoming season. Everyone who wants to get a first glimpse of the teams and how do they look ahead of the season can check in on the ongoing MLB Spring Training.
The upcoming season of the world's best baseball league will be delivered to you by ESPN+. Together with Fox and TBS, they will cover the full season and bring the games live on TV and stream. Make sure to subscribe to ESPN+ before the season kicks off on April 7.
Livesportsontv.com will as always keep you updated with information on when, how and where to watch this season’s MLB live on TV and stream. Make sure you check out our broadcasting schedule and find where your team’s next game is aired, whether it be on national or regional TV/stream.
MLB Spring Training TV- & Streaming Schedule
MLB 2022 TV- & Streaming Schedule
MLB 2022 – Rule changes
The upcoming season will be much like what we are used to from the previous ones, though there are a few changes that can be worth taking a note on. Below we have listed some of the key changes ahead of the 2022 season:
- A temporary rule that has been in place during the 2020 and 2021, which had doubleheaders played as seven-inning games will be removed for the 2022 season.
- Once again we will have the designated hitter full-time in place after having the rule repealed for the 2021 season.
- During April, roosters can include up to 28 players instead of the previous limitation of 26 players. This is due to the shortened Spring Training and will only be allowed for the month of April.
- A number of changes to Playoff system has been made:
- There will be 12 teams qualifying for the postseason. Division winners will be seeded 1 through 3 and three wild cards seeded 4 through 6 in their respective leagues.
- In each league, the two top seeded teams will get a bye into the Division Series
- A best-of-three Wild Card round will take place where the lowest seeded division winner and three wild card teams will play. The team with the higher seed will host all three games.
- No re-seeding of the bracket will be held after each round.
- Statistical tiebreakers have replaced tie-breaker games at the end of the season.
MLB on TV & Live Streaming
You probably know by now that Livesportsontv.com is the place to find out where to watch the MLB live on TV and live streaming. Our MLB schedule shows the latest information on airing networks for each and every single game of the season. The displayed game times are adjusted to your time zone and allows you to find any airing national or regional broadcaster.
Ahead of the 2022 season, MLB signed a new lucrative contract with ESPN, Fox and TBS which gives them the right to air the majority of the upcoming MLB games for the next 7 years. Fox will continue being the major airing network of the MLB as they have increased their portfolio of games for the upcoming season compared to 2021. Fox also covers the All-Star Game as well as the biggest game of the season, World Series, which will be the 23rd consecutive year that Fox is covering the season final.
Useful links to watch the MLB:
When it comes to streaming there will be some new actors for the 2022 season. MLB, Apple Inc., Barstool Sports and Peacock are among the live streaming providers that will cover the MLB season. For more information we advise you to check in on our MLB live streaming schedule where you can always find the latest updates regarding today’s games, starting times and airing networks.
Bet on MLB at BetMGM
The King of Sportsbooks are back for the new season of the MLB. If your looking for some of the best odds on the market and a variety of spreads and lines like nowhere else, then BetMGM is the place for you.
Baseball makes up for the perfect live betting experience so why not try it out at the best live betting platform on the market. At BetMGM you can pick and choose among hundreds of odds markets as the game plays on. Money lines, run lines, over/under, totals… the options are infinite. Check out their live betting platform here and bring your betting experience to a new level.
Right now, all new players who haven’t created an account at BetMGM can get up to $1000 in free bets as part of a new customer bonus. The only thing you will have to do is follow the link, make a first deposit and place an opening bet. If your bet does lose you will get a refund up to $1000 in free bets that you can use on any game you like. Begin your journey at BetMGM without an option to lose as you enjoy one of the most visited and praised sportsbooks in the country.
- Sign up at BetMGM here
- Place your first bet
- If your bet does lose you get a refund up to $1000 in free bets
Author: Dan Anderson